Beard and Moustache Transplant wıth FUE method
The Fue method essentially involves the hair follicles in the hairy area being transplanted to balding areas, all under local anesthesia. The Fue method, which is frequently preferred today, is often chosen because it does not require a surgical cut into the skin and displays rapid recovery.
With this method, which was introduced in the early 2000s in the USA, it is also possible to transplant other separate areas such as beard, mustache and sideburns. Also, if you are wondering how a beard transplant can be performed, the Fue method is the answer to your question. For all that you are curious about, you can do further research via Istanbul’s beard transplant centers.
- With the Fue method, the follicles are taken from the donor area (usually from the back of the head) using 0.7 – 0.9 mm millimeter blades. Thus, the hair follicle is detached from the area without damaging the skin. This way, no cut marks remain.
- Only very small, unnoticeable scars are formed in the area where the follicules are taken, and they heal in a few days.
- Each follicle removed is called a graft. Each graft corresponds to 2-3 strands of hair. In one session, 4000 – 6000 grafts can be taken, depending on the hair density in the area where the follicles will be taken from. Each transplanted follicle tends to shed after one month at the latest and new hair is regained within about 3 months. This method is also very suitable for sideburn transplant.
Gold Fue Technique
The only difference between the classic Fue technique and the Gold Fue technique, which is generally used for hair and beard transplants, is that in this case the blades of the graft receiving and transplanting are covered with gold material. Therefore, this technique is called Gold Fue. The use of gold for various skin diseases is a common medical practice that stretches back to ancient civilizations.
- Although there is no scientific certainty, gold is thought to be good for human skin, and the Fue method applied using gold blades is said to not cause any harm to the beard.
The Gold Fue technique is applied just like the normal Fue technique. In this regard, the same results of before and after beard transplant, are obtained with the Gold Fue technique.
- Advocates of this method state that the risk of infection to the skin is lower with this technique.
- They also support it on the grounds of shorter recovery time and higher post-operation hair vitality.
- The advantages of this method have not been scientifically proven. However, it has no disadvantages or risks for the scalp.